CeraVe Acne Control Gel is a hydrating, daily acne treatment with 2% salicylic acid that clears acne and helps prevent new breakouts from forming. It also offers gentle exfoliation with alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids (AHA and BHA) that help improve the appearance of pores along with calming niacinamide and barrier-strengthening ceramides.
An effective acne treatment is key for maintaining a clear, healthy complexion. Salicylic acid is a beneficial ingredient for clearing acne and preventing new breakouts, and a product that provides gentle exfoliation can help minimize the appearance of pores. An oil-free, non-drying acne gel with alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids (AHA and BHA) can help the skin look smooth and radiant without compromising the skin’s natural protective barrier or drying out skin.
CeraVe is the #1 dermatologist-recommended moisturizer brand for acne*, and our new Acne Control Gel is a lightweight, hydrating, full-face acne treatment that contains glycolic and lactic AHAs plus the BHA salicylic acid. This mild yet effective exfoliating formula clears acne, helps prevent new acne blemishes from forming and minimizes the look of pores while improving skin texture and the appearance of smoothness. Oil-free, free of drying alcohol and gentle on the skin, Acne Control Gel also replenishes the skin’s protective barrier with 3 essential ceramides, calms the skin with niacinamide, helps skin look noticeably clearer after 3 days and maintains healthy skin with daily use.
- Glycolic and lactic acids (AHAs): Help even skin texture for smoother-looking skin
- Salicylic acid (BHA): Treats acne and penetrates pores to help prevent new breakouts
- MVE Technology: Provides a steady release of all-day hydration
- Ceramides: Help restore the skin’s natural barrier
- Niacinamide: Helps calm the skin
- Oil-, fragrance- and paraben-free
- Free of drying alcohol
How to use:
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying this product
- Recommended for evening use
- Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
This product contains an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.