Salicylic Acid 2% Masque
As great on the skin as it is on the purse, The Ordinary’s Salicylic Acid 2% Masque has been expertly formulated to work wonders for congested, oily and lacklustre skin. Its namesake, salicylic acid, is the star of the show – a hardworking BHA (beta hydroxy acid) that exfoliates away dead cells both on the skin’s surface and within the pore, revealing brighter and clearer skin beneath.
This multi-talented ingredient also helps to soothe inflammation, reducing current blemishes as it helps to prevent future ones. Given away by the mask’s jet-black hue, the formula also contains charcoal which works alongside Amazonian clays to deeply cleanse pores of impurities and grime. Clearer, smoother, more radiant skin, here we come.
How to use:
- Use once or twice a week after cleansing on dry skin. Apply evenly on your face, then leave for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Do not use on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes both during application and rinse off.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised: Apply the product as directed to a small area once a day for three days to test if you are sensitive to this product. If you develop severe irritation, hives, swelling of eyes and mouth, blistering, or difficulty breathing, rinse off, cease use and consult a physician right away.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Sunburn Alert: This product contains a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.